If you’re new to Adobe Illustrator, or even if you’re not, one of the first things you need to learn is how to use the Knife tool. The Knife tool is used to cut out shapes from other shapes, and it’s a very useful tool to know how to use. In this blog post, I’m going to show you how to use the Knife tool in Adobe Illustrator.
- Choose the Knife tool from the Tools panel or press C
- Position the pointer where you want to begin cutting
- To cut a straight line, click once; to cut a curved line, click and drag
- As you drag, notice that small x’s appear along the path you’re creating
- These x’s mark new cutting points
- Release the mouse button when you reach the end point of your cut
- If necessary, do one of the following: • To continue drawing another straight-line segment from the endpoint of the last segment you created, move the pointer away from the endpoint, and then click again at another point in your document window
- Continue clicking to add as many segments as necessary
- • To continue drawing a curve from the endpoint of the last segment you created, positionthe pointer over that endpoint (it becomes an active anchor point), and then drag in any direction until you create another x at another point on your path; release the mouse button when you reach that point
Knife, Scissors and Eraser Tools – Adobe Illustrator CC for Beginners
Knife Tool in Illustrator 2022
If you’re a designer, chances are good that you’re well-versed in the Adobe Creative Suite. And if you use Illustrator, you know that the Knife tool is one of the most versatile and powerful tools in the program. But did you know that the Knife tool has been completely revamped in Illustrator 2022?
The new and improved Knife tool allows you to quickly and easily cut through any object, regardless of its complexity. You can even cut multiple objects at once! And best of all, the cuts are clean and precise – no more jagged edges!
So whether you’re cutting out a complex shape or simply dividing an object into two pieces, the new Knife tool is sure to make your life easier. So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Is There a Knife Tool in Illustrator?
If you’re looking for a knife tool in Illustrator, you won’t find one. However, there is a way to get a similar effect using the eraser tool. Simply select the eraser tool, and then click and drag across the area you want to cut out.
This will create a clean, straight line. You can also hold down the shift key while dragging to create perfectly horizontal or vertical lines.
How Do You Use the Cut Tool in Illustrator?
Assuming you are referring to the Cut Tool (C), located in the Tools palette, here is how you would use it:
With the Cut Tool selected, click and drag over the area you want to cut out from your image. When you release the mouse button, a line will be drawn indicating where the cut will be made.
You can then move this line around by clicking on one of its endpoints and dragging it to a new location. To actually make the cut, simply press Enter or Return on your keyboard. The selected area will be removed from your image, leaving behind a hole.
This blog post covers the basics of using the Knife tool in Adobe Illustrator. It starts by explaining what the tool does and how it can be used to create custom shapes. It then goes into detail about how to use the tool, including how to adjust settings and make precise cuts.